FBReader (FBReaderJ) is an e-book reader. Supports epub, rtf, fb2(.zip), mobi, and plain text file formats.
FBReader is fast, highly customizable. Can use external TrueType/OpenType fonts and custom backgrounds. Screen brightness can also be modified during reading (slide finger up/down along the left screen edge). Helps completely different day/evening coloration schemes.
Supports YotaPhone Always-On Display functionality (can show textual content on each LCD and eInk monitors).
Includes a browser/downloader for network ebook catalogs/stores. Several popular English, French, Russian, Chinese and Polish libraries are included. Custom OPDS catalogs are supported too.
On the other hand that you may download books manually and put them into /sdcard/Books catalog on your device.
FBReader is integrated with external dictionaries. Supports ColorDict, all Slovoed dictionaries (by Paragon Software), Fora Dictionary, FreeDictionary.org, LEO dictionary.
Localized for 29 languages. Includes hyphenation patterns for 24 languages. Open-source (GPL).
Identical purposes: Kindle, Google Books, Aldiko, Cool Reader, Moon+ Reader, Alreader
* Fixed Smashwords catalog parsing
* Fixed opening of huge ePubs (300+ entires)
* Fixed crash on old (Android 2.0 and 2.1) devices
* New page turning animation and footer view by default (previous variations to be had as choices)
* Lacking e book download (from the guide community)
* New Kindle (mobipocket) format engine
* Japanese support